Voting

Thursday, September 12, 2013

"What I Did On My Summer Vacation"

Last night my quilt group got together for the first time since June. We all had lots to share with each other, and I am also sharing their beautiful work with you. Barb did this lovely quilt above and below. The one above has redwork embroidery in the center of each block. 

This quilt was very large. I was only able to photograph a small portion of it, but aren't the colors and the design wonderful?!

We had given each other a challenge to do an Americana themed project over the summer and over achiever Pat K did three!


They were all quite fantastic including the one below.


Pat K. also made this beautiful Christmas quilt. I love the bright red flying geese on the border.

Margie did a patriotic table runner using a tricky technique that required no binding. Very nice!

Candy did this gorgeous stamp inspired wall hanging. We all LOVED it!

This is a beautiful example of Barb's machine embroidery. 

Darlene used her embroidery machine skills to produce these darling kitchen towels which she is using for gifts. (See the next 3 pictures)




Pat K. also showed off this bag- we were all drooling. It was so cute with the two pockets in front and the gathered detail on the sides. At our meeting, we also brought in our "12 X 12" challenge results. We were to do anything we wanted to do on one 12 inch square block.
I will post those in a day or two. Thanks so much for dropping by today! -Derrith

1 comment:

Mom E. said...

What a wonderful show and tell,
everyone in your groups was so busy sewing this summer. I wish I would have had time to do that...I just dreamed of sewing, h ad plans, but they didn't happen yet!
So many winter????? Hope sew! ;)
hugs to you Derrith!
Betsy