Voting

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sunny Catalina Island

I've just returned from a lovely 4 days on Santa Catalina Island with Gary and my sister, Cheryll.

The weather was absolutely perfect: 68 - 70 degrees, sunny with a light breeze.

We did a bit of sightseeing in a rented golf cart since that is the main mode of transportation on the island.

I decided to go beyond the usual "post card" shots, and explore some of the side streets of the downtown area. They are filled with little cottages, many in pastel colors. There were a few Spanish influenced stuccoed houses, but most were wood and quite weathered.

They were cute and compact and many were vacation rentals. The really large homes were far up in the hills.

They were quite different from the beach houses I find on the Oregon Coast.
My husband spent a summer on Catalina when she was 11 and he says things hadn't changed much. We found the house he stayed in some 54 years ago!

I will end with this cutie. I return relaxed and refreshed and ready to get back to my projects. I hope you will visit again soon. Thank you! -Derrith

2 comments:

Raine said...

Hi derrith! Now I know Catalina Island is beautiful!! Thank-you for the pics!

Connie said...

I have wanted to visit this place ever since I was a child and watched the Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movie were they went there, LOL. That's a long time along . . . I should make that dream come true :)
and use my air miles.
Have great day, Connie :)