Voting

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Serendipity

I happened upon these slightly vintage looking music flash cards at Goodwill a little while ago.  I have been trying to figure out what clever thing I might do with them, but no inspiration has come...until last Friday.

While cleaning out my laundry room, where I also store pictures I am not currently using, I found this frame, with the black and white mat cut to the perfect size. I had completely forgotten I had it, and it was so amazingly perfect for my project, I could hardly believe it. Now, I won't say this is terribly clever, but it works in it's way. I would so welcome any other ideas for using the rest of the flash cards!

I'm going to take it down to our shop in hopes that a piano teacher or some other musical person might want it. I am just going to be grateful that this project came together so easily since SO many do not.

On a completely unrelated note, my peonies have finally bloomed and are making me very happy.

On another unrelated note, I hope you will indulge me one pet picture today. I had tossed this blanket on my bed for a few moments and when I came back in the room, Molly had made it into a nest and was peeking up from it. She moved a bit before I could snap the pic, but I still thought it was worth sharing. I must admit, my husband and I are a bit silly about this little Cavalier who has stolen our hearts!  Thanks for visiting today! -Derrith

3 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! That frame/mat were a perfect match to the flash cards. That looks great! I love Peonies! I wish they grew here! Molly is adorable! What a sweet face she has!

gilly said...

I love Serendipity! (Btw, have you seen the movie of that title? Love John Cusack too!) It's a perfect match of cards & frame - well done. And I'm sure that pics of your adorable pup are always well received, she's sooo sweet :-)
Have a happy week,
Xx

Candy said...

The flash cards look awesome in the frame! What great ideas you have Derrith! Of course Molly is her cute self too. I've always like their looks, so sweet looking. My Peonies are blooming too, but the rain has battered them pretty hard. Your's look lovely!

Have a lovely day :)