Voting

Friday, August 31, 2012

Visiting Kennebunkport

My sister and I had a marvelous trip together last week. We flew into Boston from Salt Lake City and then rented a car. We drove up to Portsmouth, New Hampshire and shopped in a wonderful historic area called "Strawberry Banks"  Our next stop was Kennebunkport, Maine.
I had always heard it was beautiful little town, so we went a bit out of our way to see it, but I'm so glad we did.
The town was quite crowded since it was the last week of August and it is clearly a tourist destination, but we still really enjoyed looking around.
There were amazing beach homes everywhere. I love New England homes. On the West Coast we just don't have the same historical perspective.
There really was no end to the many "colonials" I could have taken pictures of. This picture doesn't do this one justice. It was enormous and very grand.  I will tell you more about the rest of the trip and our ultimate destination in a later post. Just a reminder: This is the last day to enter my giveaway for the apron you can see on a previous post.  Good Luck. The drawing will be tomorrow!

No comments: