Voting

Friday, October 18, 2013

Falling In Love With...

May I just tell you how much I love this book?! If you love Susan Branch, England or a sweet love story, you must read this book.  It is the perfect book for curling up on the couch in a cozy blanket with a cup of cocoa (or tea) and just ESCAPING.

It is hand written, with charming photos and drawings and embellishments, which makes it especially fun to read. It makes it so personal. I loved Susan Branch before, but now, I feel like we are dear friends! It is a diary of sorts of her trip through the English Countryside, and I didn't want it to end. I am on my second reading now. Since I am in the mood, I am sharing a few images of the English countryside with you. (These are not from the book)



I'm so glad you stopped by. Life is crazy at the moment with some projects I'm working on - I'll share those in a few days. Have a lovely weekend! -Derrith

3 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Wow! The illustrations are gorgeous! I would love to read this book just for the photos alone! Thank you for sharing friend! I will add this one to my list!

Mom E. said...

Derrith,
I LOVE Susan Branch! She has been a favorite since she stared selling items! I can't wait to get the book!
Just one more thing we have in common!
Hugs,
Betsy

Mom E. said...

I used a few of her cookbook sets to come up with some family recipes. I have made them completely different than the peurchased books, but have used the separaters as well as the stickers and thepapers and the cut outs and lots of stuff. I still have not finished them for my daughters, however. I find I am too busy doing things for other people....I wonder sometimes if it is an excuse because I am afraid mine won't turn out how I envision it. I am a goofball!
Pray for me!!!
LOL
Betsy