Voting

Thursday, September 6, 2012

More Meanderings Through Maine

My sister and I made a recent trip to Maine for a family reunion for our Mother's side of the family. This was territory neither of us had seen and it was so fun to see this part of the Eastern Seaboard. We arrived in Rockland, were the reunion would take place and stayed with a first cousin that I hadn't seen in 50 years.

I have a fascination with homes, especially colonial with historic details. This stone house caught my eye.

So Cheryll (my sister) and I did a little exploring up the coast from Rockland. We first came to Rockport, where I snapped this pic of a street near the Rockport harbor.

This looked like a poster one might buy or a picture to paint. Don't you love it?

This monument of a seal is famous in these parts. I know I risked unpleasant comparisons by posing next to it, but it was a reckless moment.

Next we went to Camden-By-the-Sea which was a charming town and again we found ourselves down by the waterfront. At this restaurant, the colorful picnic tables with the shadow play begged a picture.

Here we are - The intrepid travelers.  Till next time....

No comments: