Voting

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beautiful Victoria B.C.

We had a wonderful 4 day trip to Victoria with Heidi and Bruno. We were driving along a scenic drive looking at amazing homes and came across this one. Heidi and I gasped and jumped out of the car to take pictures.  I don't think the pictures do it justice. Of course the architecture was charming, but the flowers just took our breath away.

At the bottom of this pic, you can see the flower border, and notice it is repeated around the tree and in the flower boxes. Add to that the hanging baskets-It was just fabulous!  I loved the glassed in sun porch in the front too.

Of course we went to Buchart Gardens and it was spectacular. I took enough pictures for pages and pages of photos, but I am restraining myself to just a couple today.


I loved this shot - looking through the garden gate.

We always stay at the Worldmark, looking over Victoria harbor. This sunset was beautiful. The weather was picture perfect all weekend. As an added bonus, there was a pod of Orcas right alongside our ferry when we were crossing from Port Angeles to Victoria. That is the closest I've ever been to a whale. Really cool!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh that it all so gorgeous! I love the photo of the mass planting of zinnias. They always remind me of my dad. He would plant them every year from seeds :) I've always wanted to go to BC....maybe some day we will make it there. Thanks for sharing!