Voting

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Kitchen Re-Do is Finished!

If you have noticed that my posts have been few and far between lately, one of the reasons was my kitchen, which Gary and I have been upgrading (with the help of some handy men).

It would be helpful if I had some "before" pictures, but I don't so try to picture white washed oak with a pink cast from the 90's and periwinkle blue formica counter tops.

This time I went all white...we had the cupboards painted, got a beautiful white quartz countertop and a white subway tile back splash. We added bead board and baseboard moulding to the island which looks 100% better than before. We added pot lights and new chandelier and new pendant lights over the island.  The overall effect is very white, so I brought in some color in the valances and used red accents...

...a little here and there.

We couldn't quite swing replacing the floor so we are not going to talk about it because I am choosing to pretend it matches the new stuff.

This is the first time I've had a back splash. I love it. I found my breadbox on ebay and these canisters at Goodwill.

The old cupboards didn't have knobs, so I loved adding new drawer pulls and knobs. This has been quite exciting to breath some new life into our 40 yr old home. Thank you for taking a peek. Next week I will show you my laundry room "reno". Love, Derrith

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Oh friend! Your kitchen is just absolutely stunning! I mean...it is out of a magazine! And I love all your pops of red! Great job! I bet you just love being in there cooking! A very happy week to you! Nicole xoxo

AMcIntire said...

It is a beautiful kitchen. I love the pops of red everywhere.