Voting

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Can You Smell the Lilacs?

It's Lilac Festival time in Woodland, Wa - one of my favorite things to see every year.

The fragrance laden air is transporting.

It's held on the grounds of the Hulda Klager estate. She is very famous for the hundreds of hybrid lilacs she created. You can tour her house, kept in it's period charm.

I took dozens of pictures because they have so many varieties and each one has it's own beauty. My computer is being obstinate today and wants to take 5 minutes to download every picture, so you are just getting a small sampling. Enjoy



They have a gift shop with Everything Lilac in it, including this sweet set of dishes.


I wish you could sit a spell with me here and enjoy the experience like I did. Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope to see you again soon.  Love, Derrith

2 comments:

Bev said...

Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Cheery wave from Bev

Unknown said...

We can't get lilacs to grow in our climate, but I remember them being crazy abundant when I visited Michigan. They are so beautiful! That house is too cute, it must be lovely inside. Thanks for sharing!