Voting

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Downton Abbey Premier Party

I know I am a week late on posting these pictures, but with my new job and preparing a talk to give in church, I haven't had much time to figure out how to get pictures from my phone to my blog.  Anyway, my sweet daughter invited me to this party last Sunday night.

As you can see, they had a full fare of British treats. My daughter, Heidi made this beautiful Trifle.(Don't know if that's how you spell it) We also had scones with clotted cream and berry preserves.

Our Hostess, Lori brought out her fabulous tea cup collected that she has gathered from different European cities. The sherbet and pastel colors were dreamy! She also offered a lovely selection of herbal teas. We watched the show as we nibbled, giving advise to Lady Mary on her choice of beaus! It was really fun. Now it's time to go watch tonight's episode! Thanks for stopping by.         Love, Derrith

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful way to view DA...I do hope you all sat up straight and did not rest on the backs of your chairs...

Betsy said...

How fun! What a great idea! I wish my daughters were around to do this with. I would love that!
I don't even know who around me are DA fans! I'll have to ask and have a party!
Thanks for the inspiration!
hugs,
Betsy

My Garden Diaries said...

How did I miss this friend!!!???!! What a fantastic idea!!! My mom and I should do this as we are such fans of the show! What a beautiful job your daughter did! And Good luck with your new job and your talk at church! You are busy!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!! Nicole xoxo