Voting

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

New Bathroom and ...

We put our house on the market a week ago, and I wanted to show you our newly remodeled bathroom. It was one of the many repairs/improvements we needed to make to our 40 year old home. I know it would be more effective to have a "before" picture, but you will have to trust me that it was uglier than you can imagine.

It had an old vinyl floor, a blue cast iron bathtub and an old beat up brown cabinet. We removed the old tub and tiles and a replaced it with a very nice 3 piece unit. I decided to go with classic black and white and I love the results. I painted the old vanity and replaced all the hardware to save money and recovered the old counter top with a formica that resembles granite.

We added the under-stated tile back splash. The picture on the wall (see 1st pic) was an $8.00 find at a thrift shop. I love how crisp and clean it looks. Too bad someone else will be using it!

Sooooo, since we are showing our home, I wanted to have fresh flowers everywhere. I have never learned how to properly arrange flowers, but I did the best I could. I love living with them in most of the rooms in the house.

I wish I could be surrounded by fresh flowers everyday!

The problem is...they only last a week or less and replacing them gets quite expensive.

So, it is fortunate that the first people to look at the house have made an offer.

We will find out soon if negotiations will be successful.

We have such mixed feelings. We know that the objective of putting a house on the market is to sell it...

...but we love our home and it will be hard to leave it. I will let you know how things work out. It has been a busy 3 months, getting everything ready inside and outside our house. We can finally breath, while trying to live in our house and keep it looking like no one lives here.:-)  Thank you for you patience with me and my spotty posts. They will probably continue as we pack up and move. Where to? We don't know yet. To be continued... 

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Your bathroom is gorgeous friend!! I love the classic white and black! And you already sold!!! Wow!! I can only imagine how mixed your feelings must be as all of the improvements you have completed are beautiful and all of your memories from all the years you have lived here. Do let us know how it all goes! Hang in there and good luck!!!! Nicole xoxo

Acorn to Oak said...

Wow! That's awesome that the first people that looked put in an offer. If the rest of the house is as nice as your new bathroom, I can see why it sold so fast. Congratulations! I hope it all works out great! We really should try to move closer to my husbands job but the thought of putting our house up for sale and having people go through it is so unpleasant that we keep putting it off. One of these days! All the best to you on your move.