Voting

Friday, July 13, 2012

Where-Bloggers-Create Party Post

Welcome to my creative space. Since I am "Tied Up In Ribbon", I thought I would start with some of my ribbon collection which I enjoy displaying. I often bring home ribbon when I travel. It's a lot of fun for a little money and fits easily into luggage!
Glitter looms large in my world. I won't bore you with all my collection, but suffice it to say, I will be prepared for any Glittery occasion!
I've always enjoyed gift wrapping.  I consider it to be part of the gift I am giving, so of course I also need to make room for a lot of wrapping paper and adornments.

I LOVE red! It seems to creep in to nearly all my quilts and aprons that I make and I have a tough time resisting cheerful red fabric or ribbons.

I have to show you my sewing room a little at a time (in other words, the organized parts only) I see pictures of women's studios that are pristine and clutter-free and I wish that was me, but alas, that's not who I am. As you can see, above, I covered cereal boxes with fabric to house the magazines I want to keep.  I have read that you should keep craft and sewing supplies in see-through containers so you know what you have. I have done this to some extent, but I find that plastic containers and bins are not very photogenic!
This has been a great addition to my sewing room. I had it custom made to fit over the pull out drawers that hold my fabric stash. On top of it, I keep current quilts and other projects in small bins.
I can't resist "Happy" fabrics. Here is just a small sampling.  I consider myself a quilter primarily so my sewing machine holds the place of honor in the room (in the middle, facing the TV!)
This is a little wall quilt I did for a contest. Below it is a great container I found to hold my acrylic paint. It swivels to reveal the other colors I have. I sometimes wish that I could just concentrate on making quilts, or sewing for my home, or painting or making over furniture or doing any number of crafts, but...I am easily distracted by any new fun thing I want to try and so, my sewing/craft room is filled to the brim with supplies of every variety.  Thanks for visiting. I hope you will return soon. I'm planning a fun Give-a-Way in August to one of my "followers" picked at random so I hope you'll join! Thank you.              - Derrith Scarbrough

25 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the material you used on covering your cereal boxes! They are just gorgeous~ Thanks for sharing your space!

Sandi said...

What a pretty space. So cheery. Thanks for letting us visit
VictorianGypsy

deb said...

Gorgeous space! Love seeing your ribbon at hand
*hugs*deb

Maureen said...

So colourful and pretty! Love your quilts; something I have never tried myself but my mom has made some beautiful ones over the years. I had to laugh at your comment about being easily distracted - guilty of that too!

The Creative Bohemian said...

I love ribbon and it looks like a candy store in your studio!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet and follow you on this blog hop party! I love your colourful collection of ribbons, they match your blog style.



Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Love all the colors! What a bright and organized space you have. Thank you for sharing. ; )
~Michele

Anonymous said...

Love the cheery colors in your space! Looks like you like to wrap presents too! (that's my favorite thing about Christmas!)

I am loving my new little space I created this year!

bee blessed
mary

CLD said...

Your space is so colorful...just beautiful and full of inspiration. So much eye candy...ribbon and glitter..are always at the top of my list. And just so you know it took me an entire day to clean my space so that I could take photos for this wonderful blog party. I enjoyed my visit... thank you for sharing. Best Wishes, Bobbie

Vicki Boster said...

Oh oh oh how wonderful is your space!! I love you ribbon stash- its just gorgeous and your fabrics are beautiful as well. Your quilt is so beautiful - I love the colors. You look so organized-- hmmm - that's not me !!

Thanks for your visit to me and for your interest in my Grow Your Blog party--- I'm just sure that we will get you more followers this winter!

Xo
Vicki

Rita Barakat said...

Love you displays of ribbon and glitter! SO pretty!!!Your quilts are gorgeous - took a peek and am loving the under the sea quilt!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You have a beautiful and colorful creative space, Derrith! I love that you made those magazine holders out of cereal boxes. Easy? I love seeing all your fabrics. I agree about the plastic drawers and containers, but I need to see what I've got, too. If I don't then I forget and spend more money buying something I already have! Thanks for sharing your tour!

Sandy said...

Love all the colors! Your space is very inspiring and I love the little quilt. Thank you for sharing.

fairyrocks said...

I am thinking I would love to see this space in real life. Just by the peeps you have shared I can tell you are a master with the color manipulating and organizing. Amazing ability. Glitter...can you ever have too much?- I think not. LOL thanks for the inspiration. Keep smiling and creating

Robin said...

Wow, what a cheery and happy place! LOVE those happy-colored fabrics! Thanks for sharing your space!

Come visit my folk-art-y "studio" (aka dining room, LOL) when you have time!
http://soggybottomsbabyduds.blogspot.com/

awal.ny said...

All of you wonderful crafters seem to be so organized. I love your space. I hate to say it but my ribbon is just thrown into a drawer. I need to go clean.

Shell said...

Pretty space! I'm a ribbon gal and love the Color! I love a pretty package too! Always thought if I lived in a big city I'd love to do it for a living,,

Where the heck is Richfield? I thought I knew Washington pretty well.

Thanks for Sharing, stop over if you'd like!
Hugs,
Shell

Anonymous said...

I love red as well, although my crafting corner is not red, I have it in other parts of my house! I like the covered boxes and am working on some myself for storage. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

What a lovely and organized space to craft ! It is all so pretty and neat ! Just found your blog so am looking forward to reading some more of your post !

Angela Weimer said...

Such lovely bright colors all around in your things. thanks for the great tour and have a fab day. Angela

Something Special said...

Oh your space is fabulously colorful and well organized. I am a new follower here.

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Derrith! I love the idea of covering cereal boxes to use as storage!! Fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your ideas and your studio with everyone!!

Kristi said...

Your craft room is lovely! I am such a sucker for beautiful ribbons. Thank you for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Kristi

Raine said...

Derrith your room is soooo beautiful! I LOVE the table you had made to cover your fabric stash! You are so creative.... and the things that come from your craft room are so out-of-the-box fantastic!! How do you do that??? Thank-you for sharing!
Love,
Lorali

Maureen Hayes said...

Oh, I understand just what you mean about wishing that you could concentrate on just one craft, but being attracted to so many different ones! I want to try just about everything I see, but not only can't I afford it, I certainly don't have room for it either. . . lol! I enjoyed seeing your studio and how you store all your fabrics. I have always wanted to quilt but have never tried, so I admire that you do it.

Thank you so much for sharing your space with all of us through WBC, I am now following your blog and look forward to seeing what you create next!