Voting

Friday, May 18, 2012

Calico Flags Are Flying

Today begins the Spring 2012 Bloggers Quilt Festival and I am attempting to join in. The link is amyscreativeside.com/bloggersquiltfestival  This quilt pattern appealed to me for a number of reasons. First of all, I love Americana. I also love vintage looking calicos and I always prefer white backgrounds on my quilts for some reason.
The color combinations were also perfect for my living room where I hang seasonal quilts all year round. This quilt will cover Memorial Day, 4th of July and probably August as well!
The pattern also makes a cute pillow!

15 comments:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

What a cute pattern. I love Americana stuff too.

Karen said...

I like flags on quilts. Good fabric choices. Very Americana.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

this is a fun Americana quilt! thanks for sharing.

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty.

Karen said...

I absolutely LOVE it! Your fabric choices are perfection! Would you share the name of the pattern that you used? Thanks for sharing!!!!

Krysta said...

I leave my patriotic/americana stuff up from May through Labor day, too! I have been searching for the perfect pattern to make a wall quilt for my living room, as well :) Yours is darling!

Cindy said...

Such a happy quilt! I love the addition of yellow into the patriotic red/white/blue. Nice.

Happy Quilt Festival.

Mom said...

How Festive!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Jan Hutchison said...

I like this - Americana but a little different!

Sue Daurio said...

those are super cute. I like the calico Americana.

Martine Kuciel said...

de tout les quilt patriotic que j'ai vu c'est celui là qui me plait le plus , même une française peut apprécier ,felicitation

straythreads said...

great quilt
Ann

Raine said...

Oh Derrith, your patriotic quilt is LOVELY! Now I can feel summer coming.... :-) Thank you for the inspiration!

Eileen said...

love your quilt. it's really a fantastic way to celebrate the usa!! thanks for sharing and have a great day

Simply Sandy said...

I like the idea of hanging seasonal quilts. This one is a beauty. Really love the fabrics you chose. The white background makes it looks so fresh. Love it!