Voting

Friday, April 27, 2012

Woodland in Bloom

It's pretty hard to resist making a visit to Woodland when the Tulip Festival AND the Lilac Festival are going on. It was worth dodging a few raindrops to see such beautiful evidences that Spring is here and life begins again.
The Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens are beautiful. They have made some lovely improvements, including this brick pathway that meanders through dozens of varieties of Lilacs.
This Arbor on the property hold a special place in my heart.  It is where my son Matt and his sweetheart Veronica were married.
Just down the road from the Lilac Gardens is the Holland America Tulip farm and it is spectacular this time of year. 
A camera really doesn't do it justice. In person, the colors are so vibrant, it is really a stunning view.
There are so many varieties and colors. This one caught my eye because it almost looked like a rose.
I also loved this pink striped variety. I won't post all the rest of the pictures I took, but I would encourage anyone to go see for themselves!

No comments: