Voting

Monday, July 14, 2014

So Close...

This "Pumpkin Hill" quilt has taken me a long time to finish. I am to the point where I just need borders and then it's finally off to the quilters. You won't have to see it again until it's quilted and done. This is the first quilt I've done where I appliqued with the edges tucked under. I used a method using glue. I tried the starch method and it frustrated me. Am I eager to do another using this method?  Nooooo. I'm afraid I'm a little bit too impatient for it. I am quite content with bonding and blanket stitching applique. I know....lazy girl! Thanks for stopping by today. It makes me happy to have the wonderful blogging friends that I do.  -Derrith

3 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Well I would just love to see this quilt anytime as it is beautiful!!! The detail work and all of the colors are outstanding!!! You did it! Frustration and all it is just wonderful to have a piece like this and you made it!! Pure awesome friend! Nicole xo

gilly said...

Oh wow, it's lovely - so much love & patience has gone into the making, well done! I'm with you on the bond & blanket stitch though, I'm too lazy to turn it all under ;-)
Once it's all quilted you will treasure it for many years. Hope you're having a lovely week,
Hugs xx

AMcIntire said...

You have been hard at work this summer!