Voting

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Guest Room Makeover

After months of working on this project, it is nearing completion (just a few more pillows to sew).
It's really been fun making over the little downstairs bedroom that used to be my sewing room.
I love Sarah Richardson's style (of "Sarah's House" on HGTV), so I've tried to approach this room the way she does: by choosing the fabrics first and moving on from there. I did actually already have the room painted a dusty robin's egg blue, but from there it was pretty open. I found just the fabric I wanted for my curtains and waited till it went on 50% off sale and ordered it. It is perfect. I found the old bed at "Once and Again" consignment shop on the corner of St. Johns and 78th St. (Before and after pics are below) The dresser was a garage sale find as was the little chair and night stands.


This chandelier is my favorite thing in the room. I found it at the "Vintage Gathering" Flea Market Sale. It's even prettier in person.
Without intending it, the room has emerged with a bird theme. I got these paintings and the large floral one below at Fred Meyer. I hadn't even thought to look there, but happpened on them and they were just right.
This fun bookcase was a vintage find I have had for a few years. The pink mirror over the dresser is reflecting the two bird pictures.
I love this picture! It is just the right feeling for the room. We put up white bead board paneling and I really like the look. The bedside lamps were found at "The Olive Kat"!
This is a before picture of the footboard. It looks better in the picture than it was. It was pretty beat up and chewed up, but I love the curves, so I used a lot of wood filler and sand paper and paint and ended up with:
This is the "after". The lighting doesn't really show the detail, but it's pretty cute and the Headboard looks great too, I think. Below is the "before" of the dresser. I tried to put legs on it but was unsuccessful.
So this is the "after". The dresser is actually light pink and I added the crystal drawer pulls.
Now, all that's left is for you to come visit me and stay in my guest room! You would be so welcome!

No comments: