Voting

Sunday, January 17, 2016

A Quilt For my Son

Well...I have been absent from my blog for too long and I have missed it and have missed interacting with my followers, friends and other bloggers. I have finally gotten back to quilting again on a regular basis and am really enjoying it. I completed this quilt for my son, Matt to give to him for Christmas. He loves Volvos.

I used elements from a quilt pattern I had used before, with the circles representing steering wheels and added the Volvo logo and the checkerboard flag border. I also used silhouettes of several Volvo models, old and new. The result was a very large, rather "busy" quilt but Matt loved it so all is well.

I did have the Volvo Logo embroidered to get a nicely finished look. I experimented with metallic  fabrics for the "grill" in the center of the quilt but they just didn't look right. 


  I have finished two other projects and am on to a third, which I will share with you very soon. Life has been good in Utah. We have lots of snow this winter and I really like it. It is so pretty. Now, you may ask me again in March and April if I still like the snow and the answer may be different.  I will see you again soon. Thank you SO much for stopping by! Love, Derrith

1 comment:

Betsy said...

YOU are amazing girl...I get NOTHING done, compared to you!
hugs, will be in your neck of the woods next week!
Betsy