Voting

Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Shower for Maddy

We had a shower for my granddaughter, Madison on Saturday. She is marrying her sweetheart, Jacob next Saturday. Maddy's Mom, my daughter Holly and her friend made the "Love"sign. I took these pics before the shower started so there were only a few gifts on view.

Holly is a professional photographer, so there we several wonderful photos of the happy couple displayed.

Daughter Heidi (our designated hostess for all parties) had lots of these beautiful balloons in Maddy's wedding colors: gold, cream and pink.

I wish this had photographed better. It was a large canvas banner with a sepia tone pic of Maddy and Jake. It was really impactful.

This was my favorite thing at the shower. When Maddy was about 6, she had a wedding themed birthday party where are the invitees dressed up like brides. Maddy is on the left in this picture and her little sister Heidi (now 18) is next to her.

Cute touch thanks to Heidi.

What is a shower without yummy food? We had delicious orange rolls, cheesy breakfast casserole and fresh fruit (the shower was at 10:00 am) In a few days, I will share pictures from the wedding.  Thank you for indulging a Grandma who is so happy to be able to spend lots of time with her Utah grandchildren since moving to the Salt Lake area in November. I hope your day is happy. Love, Derrith

1 comment:

My Garden Diaries said...

How beautiful is this shower! I am crazy about that Love sign! And those photos of them are fantastic! Such a stunning setting for this joyous celebration!!! Have an outstanding time at the wedding....wishing them many years of happiness! Nicole xoxo