Voting

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sleighbelle Rides Again

I thought I would take a break from my quilt I am trying to get done this week and post this picture. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to take a horse-drawn sleigh ride. I haven't always lived in a place where it snowed in the winter, so I wasn't able to fulfill my dream until a few years ago. This picture was taken in Leavenworth Washington, which is a town in the Cascade mountains that has adopted a Bavarian theme and is very charming.  I made arrangements for the sleigh ride and my darling elderly parents who were both in their mid-nineties wanted to join us.
At first, I will admit I was a little disappointed because I have always thought of a sleigh ride as a very romantic thing to do with my sweetheart (as a matter of fact, I always pictured it with both of us in full Victorian regalia-Gary in a top hat and me in my red velvet cape!) . Now that both of my parents are gone however, this picture is all the more special to me. The driver stepped out of the sleigh to take our picture and it isn't super clear because it was snowing, and you can't see the horse, but I love this picture and treasure the memory. For those who have never emailed me, my address is sleighbelle2@comcast.net, thus the title of this post. Thank you for indulging this little flashback and thank you for visiting my little world. Love, Derrith

3 comments:

gilly said...

What a lovely memory to treasure.
xx

Mom E. said...

Don't you love it when you have a picture that means so much? What fun for you. Glad you are taking a break, going to start work on MY project after I get a post to my blog as well! I will keep you Posted!
Hugs,
Betsy

Karen said...

Oh how I would have loved the ride!