Voting

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Waving the Flag

Happy Independence Day, everyone! A friend of mine who was moving gave me a bundle of old quilt pattern books, many of which were nautical themed. This design caught my I so I made it up over the last couple days. It went together fast since I fused and blanket stitched it.

I had also picked up an old canvas flag at a Vintage Shop a few months ago and finally made a couple pillows from it.

This is my 4th of July quilt I hang up in my living room for most of June and July.

Decking out the house in red, white and blue!

I'm enjoying my hydreanges while they last. Unfortunately, the sun is burning their little petals as I write.

I hope you have a happy and safe 4th with the ones you love. Please come again anytime. You are so welcome. -Derrith

6 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Your new pillow is really cute! And, all of your red, white and blue things are so cute and happy! Love it! Happy Fourth of July! :-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

I love your new pillow!! In fact all of your decorations are wonderful!! Happy 4th of July!!

gilly said...

Love all your red, white and blue decor! Happy 4th of July, enjoy the festivities :-)
xx

Bev said...

Everything is adorable! You are so talented! Thank you for sharing!

Cheery wave from
Bev

Sew and Sow Farm said...

Happy Independence Day! I love the pillows.
jan@sewandsowfarm

Val said...

Oh!! I love that first pillow and how you "bent" the flag to make it look like it's whipped around some. If you ever make another to sell, I will buy one from you. I've been looking for something like this for awhile now. You did a beautiful and charming job with it. :)

Happy 4th, a few days late. :)

Love,

Val