Voting

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Old Charm


I went for a ride this weekend to take some photos and ended up in one of my favorite neighborhoods in Vancouver (Washington). It is in the historic old part of downtown and the homes of so quaint and full of charm. They are not grand, but so appealing to me.
I also love the old fashioned gardens in that part of town. There were so many mature trees, it was hard to get unobstructed views of many of the homes.
I love the layering of many different varieties of colorful flowers. Unfortunately, I can't identify most of them.
I will just let you wander down these streets with me and enjoy the view.






Can someone tell me what these are called? They are so cute. Are they "Morning Glorys"?




Isn't this amazing?!






Glorious Peonies! Mine have not quite bloomed yet, but I can't wait! I hope you've enjoyed our little trip. Please come again soon. -Derrith

6 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

What a beautiful neighborhood!

Unknown said...

Aren't older homes great? When they weren't cookie cutter versions of the one two doors down. I have that same speckled red and white rose, it is one of our favorites. I think the white flower is a type of Campanula? Google it and see what you think in comparison ;) Hope that helps. Thanks for the lovely pictures!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful homes and gardens. I think the common name for your mystery flower is called balloon flower

Unknown said...

Love all the homes and gardens!

Jocelyn said...

What lovely homes and gorgeous flowers. I love the roses! And your blog background is very complimentary to your post :-)

Raine said...

Such a lovely tour of homes, thank-you!