Voting

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Gloves and Pearls For Easter


Easter time brings back memories of crisp white gloves, a string of pearls, a clean hankie in my new white purse.  I did occasionally get a new dress for Easter and wore it with white ankle socks and white patent Mary Janes, until I graduated to nylons and white pumps in Jr. High. I remember having a white headband with little white flowers on it and occasionally a corsage made with a pink Camelia that grew in our yard.

These polka dot gloves were found at a yard sale. I thought they were darling. They sit in a drawer with the white ones above, and some cute pink ones I found too. Of course, no one wears these kind of gloves any more, but I am a little sentimental about the memories they provoke.
Thank you for taking a peek at my blog today. I do wish all my friends and followers a happy, meaningful Easter. -Derrith

2 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

You know there is something to be said about dressing up for this wonderful holiday. How special that you have these memories and the gloves are just perfect! My grandma had the most beautiful collection of gloves...I remember trying them on as a kid...maybe they will come back in style!!! Have a blessed Easter!

Fencing Contractors Corpus Christi said...

Great blog I enjoyed reeading