Voting

Monday, February 25, 2013

Reed College

Gary and I enjoy taking drives and exploring this neck of the woods. There is a lot to see in the greater Portland Oregon area. I remember seeing this beautiful college campus several years ago, so I asked Gary if we could find it again on a grey Sunday afternoon.  This is Reed College, a highly respected Liberal Arts college in the East Moreland area of Portland.

The campus is so charming. I love the Tudor - Gothic style of the buildings. Even in the winter, the lawns are lush and green. We took a walk around with Molly in tow.

Then we started exploring the neighborhoods close to the school. I love charming old homes with historical interest. Here are just a few of the beautiful houses we saw:




Well, I must get back to my cleaning and sewing this morning. Today begins a new week and there is much to do! Please visit again...I so appreciate you stopping by! -Derrith

6 comments:

My Garden Diaries said...

Thanks for taking me along! I so love seeing charming homes and new places!!! Love that college!! It is wonderful, old, and beautiful!!!!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, these are some beautiful buildings and homes..... thanks for sharing!

enjoy *~*

Acorn to Oak said...

Looks like a fun area to explore. Thanks for the little tour. :-)

Mom E. said...

Derrith,
Thanks for coming by my blog, I love these homes! The first few remind me of houses in Germany where my daughter lives....I love those old style buildings.....I's lke one that has new windows, insultaiton and pipes, but with that old exterior look...
I am working still on my award post....You know it's gonna be a long one....I may have to break it up in chunks or no one will want to read it all!
LOL
Hearts,
Betsy

gilly said...

These are such lovely pics - thanks for sharing your day with us :-)
xx

Dudeohno said...

Appreciate thhis blog post