Voting

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sarah's Garden Cottage

I visited my friend, Sarah Athay today and just had to share with you these pictures of her backyard cottage hideaway. As you can see, it's almost all windows and the light streaming through it is just stunning.  The cottage serves as her studio and "quiet place".
She and her husband built this themselves (Sarah is a woman of MANY talents) using mostly reclaimed and recycled pieces and architectural elements.
This picture shows the garden path leading up from her cottage. Today, her yard was covered with snow, but I've seen it in the spring and summer and it's a work of art (another one of her talents).  I don't know about you, but I want one of these!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Do you think she'd notice if I moved in? I'm a very pleasant house guest :)