Voting

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hollyhill Quilt Shop and Other Delights

A few days ago, I had to run some errands in the West Linn area, so I thought I would check out a quilt shop that my quilting friend, Mari told me about. When I got to the street where the shop was located, I noticed some other really fun shops, so I thought I'd share my finds with you. The area is called "Historic Willamette Area". (Take 10th St exit off I-205, in West Linn)  My first stop was a darling store called LAVENDER BLEU. They had lots of the kind of things I love.
If you walk through the shop and out the back, you find a lovely garden, and this sign...
The Tea Room was charming-I will have to sample it on a future visit.
A couple doors down from Lavender Bleu, is "THE LITTLE DOOR"
It is a home decor store, with what looked like new and gently used and vintage pieces. I loved it and they were very nice and gracious.
I must admit that I took this footed cake plate home with me!
I made my way across the street and stepped into Quilter's Heaven! I must say I was blown away!
This store is gorgeous! The furnishings were amazing (several crystal chandeliers) and their displays were really stunning. The selection of fabrics was endless!
I really could have spent hours in this store.
They have a huge variety of fabric and patterns. They even have a separate shop for more contemporary fabrics called "Thoroughly Modern Holly".  It was really a treat to see this shop. Thank you Mari!

No comments: